Thursday, August 1, 2013

MS Journal Entry: 08-01-13

This is my second journal entry - for the first one please click on the 'Journal Entry' label below.

Well, I THOUGHT things were calming down a little two days ago however it came back with full force yesterday and now worse today. It's a challenge to type and think right now so I will keep this brief. About 5 days or so ago things started getting a LITTLE bit better. I could use my right side better and was not limping so badly. My mind was clearer as well. All of the symptoms were seemingly on the way back to some sort of tolerable level and really good two days ago ... until yesterday that is when all day I felt like I had been hit by a bus and survived. Aching all over and so tired (MS FATIGUE!!! It really is more than just being 'tired') I was hardly able to put one foot in front of the other. Now here today the right side is worse than ever, thinking is very slow, spelling off, speech slurring, etc.

I notice I tend to pick things up with my left hand instead of my right. It is too weak to hold anything for longer than a few seconds. Yesterday for example it was hard to carry a large (empty) stock pot. I had plans for yesterday to get some delayed work done in the kitchen however my plans were unrealistic. And that is what I am still trying to learn: what can I do and what can I not do? Sometimes I learn the hard way.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to eliminate spam, comments are moderated. It might take a while for me to see your comment, so please be patient with me. Thank you.