Friday, August 23, 2013

I think I know what elderly people do all day long.

I used to wonder how an elderly person could handle being home all day long alone. I assumed they would get bored or tired of sitting around. But I have been thinking these last few days and I might understand it all now. I may not be elderly yet but I sure feel like it; or at least I assume I feel like it. It takes me at least 5 times longer to do any normal household task than it used to prior to MS. Maybe even 10 times longer or more. What used to take me a half hour or so now takes all morning. It's pathetic.

Laundry for instance. One pair of jeans is all I can handle at a time. Lift it up out of the clean basket, fold it, put it in a pile, and then take a short break before I do another one. It's like I am in slow motion and then I end up breathing heavy. Really. For one pair of jeans.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to eliminate spam, comments are moderated. It might take a while for me to see your comment, so please be patient with me. Thank you.