Sunday, July 21, 2013

"Secondary" MS Symptoms

According to the National MS Society, a 'secondary symptom' is: "the complications that can arise as a result of the primary symptoms." This recent "pseudo exacerbation" has given me the most 'secondary' symptoms to date.

A major primary symptom this time around has been the loss of normal function of my right side ... my face, my arm, my hand, my hip, my leg, my foot. Because my right side it not working correctly the rest of my body has had to make adjustments. As a result, my foot, leg, hip and back have been hurting. And then a few days ago my neck really started hurting.

I have not yet used a cane for walking but seriously was considering it this time around - and even more so once I discovered my whole body was messing up. Maybe if I had used a cane I would not have strained things so much? Maybe there is someone reading this that can give me the answer to that question? Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

I am set to see my neurologist again this coming fall, Lord willing. I plan to talk to her about a physical therapist for times like this and also to teach me about using a cane (how, when, and what kind would suit me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to eliminate spam, comments are moderated. It might take a while for me to see your comment, so please be patient with me. Thank you.